RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, July 14, 2014

Parakeet's Picnic Perch

7/12/14

I spent the morning doing some laundry.  I had four loads in total and had to do it a bit differently since someone in the apartment had left their load in the dryer.  I was able to figure it out and get them all done over the course of the day.  Now I just need to put them away at some point.  At least I am in the habit of folding them right out of the dryer.  During that time I did some more gaming and reading and had a pretty good morning.  Then around 2:30 I headed to the church for our second PYROS (random act of kindness) event.  Today we were helping Paul decorate his area for VBS and the craft area if we had time.

Unlike the day before we had only two people show up for this one.  We had Maggie and Johanna (Tabitha).  Along with them we had Paul, Delayna, and myself.  It was a great group for what we needed to do.  The smaller numbers was actually just perfect for decorating.  We had a great time looking through the decorations and finding creative ways to use what we had.  There were Parakeets everywhere, which is the area that Paul is in charge of.  It is called Parakeet's Picnic Perch lead by Parakeet Paul.  After we had finished Paul's area we moved into the craft area.  Johana and Maggie had to leave pretty quick after that and I had to get ready for service that night.  Paul and Delayna finished decorating the craft area and it looked awesome.

Service that night went good.  My children's message went very well although I figured a couple more areas that I wanted to touch up a bit with what I was going to say on Sunday but it was coming along great.  After service Pastor Jim gave me a couple pointers with how service works outside a sharing service which is what I was use to.  I found out where the sound adjustment is for my microphone and we bumped it up a bit for Sunday service hoping that would help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment