RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Peer Ministry

7/21/14

The first part of my morning was getting caught up on my blogging.  I didn't realize how far behind I had fallen until I started writing.  It is nice to chronicle my day and I expect I will be very happy when it comes to writing my final paper to look back on all that I did during internship.  Then Michael and I took some time to meet together.  We did the devotion and some talking about my journal.  We also went over our goals and roles again.  I took the little bit of time before lunch to get caught up on my journal up to today.  Then headed out for lunch and stopped at Snappy Stop.  I did some reading over lunch and came back in to work.

We had a meeting with Delayna and Paul about the Lake George trip.  We really hacked out some details and got things done on paper.  It is going to be a great trip and I can't wait for it to continue to develop and eventually happen.  I have to come up with a info and sign up sheet for the youth.  I spent the rest of my afternoon before going home and the other meeting tonight doing some journal work as well as getting some time management and task management stuff working.  I am going to try using Google Tasks again and see if it works for me.  I am not having trouble getting stuff done it would just be nice to have it all done somewhere when more tasks come my way.

I headed home a bit before I had the Peer ministry meeting later that night at the church.  I did some gaming and different things to get my cold on the downward spiral.  I came back for the meeting and it was a good time.  I actually knew all but one person in the room so I am making progress in getting to know people.  I am very excited for what this trip will be like.  I've never seen a peer ministry program outside of college so I am very excited to see what it looks like how the kids participate as well.  After the meeting headed home for the night.  Drinking lots of water and tea.  Had a bit of a coughing fit in the night but was able to limit it quite a bit with some water, tea, honey, and elevation.

1 comment: