RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Sunday, July 6, 2014

4th of July

7/4/14

Well the biggest news today is Amy came over.  She got there around 10 ish or so.  It was awesome to see her and we just took some time to be with one another for awhile.  Then we did some shopping.  She and I were apparently going to be doing some cooking projects.  We made the tuna and noodle and mayonnaise salad she makes every year and I have had it a lot as well.  Then we set about making red white and blue cupcakes.  We used yellow cake mix so the colors were a bit off but we baked them off nonetheless.  Then when they were done we had to check to see how they looked.  They actually came out quite nicely.  Maybe Amy will post a picture somewhere but I'll look for one.

Then a bit later Adam and Kristi showed up.  We all took some time to talk and just catch up.  Then we played a game they had brought with them.  It is called Space Alert.  It is really fun and you work as a team trying to beat the game rather than each other which is fun.  After that we headed to Twigs across the street for some dinner.  They have a really cool option for food there.  It is a rock they heat up to 650 degrees.  Then they give you raw meat and you cook it right on there.  It was a lot of fun and really tasty.  They have several different kinds of sauces you can dip your meat in afterwards.  I told Adam he needs to bring the idea to Savage and open another business.

Then after that we went back to my apartment.  We played a game of pirates but the girls soon retired to wedding talks while Adam and I played some Firefly.  We were all laughing and talking and having a great time.  We saw some fireworks over the trees but that was about it.  We were thinking of getting up for the sunrise but when we realized it was one in the morning we decided against it.  So Amy followed me over to April and Bryce's house.  I gave her the tour and then I headed back to the apartment.  Adam and Kristi were super excited to try out sleeping in their Prius.  So I settled down in my apartment having the best day off I've had in awhile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment