RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day of Rest

6/30/14

It was weird to wake up in my own room and not in the library of the church in Melrose Park.  I got some much needed sleep and felt a lot more rejuvenated and rested.  I started off the day by unpacking my stuff and just kinda taking in being at home.  I did some gaming and catching up on stuff I had not been able to look at or do while I was gone.  Luckily I was still able to go through my email while I was there so I didn't have a huge mass of emails to go through.  Then I took a shower in my own shower which was an amazing feeling.  I decided I was going to take a walk again to Games by James.  There I purchased some books so I can play the game I had talked about earlier.  The guy there is also into that game and had some great advice.  I am hoping to find some places to play and he is willing to order in anything I need which is awesome.

I took some time after to grab a bite to eat.  I stopped at a place in the mall called zpizza I think.  I had a chicken and spinach flatbread pizza.  It was very good.  Then on my way back it was raining but thankfully it isn't that bad of a walk to my apartment from there.  Then back at home I took some time to read and do a bit more gaming.  After that I decided I really wanted to see Maleficent.  So I looked up theaters and decided to go to the 5:10 showing at Cinemagic Hollywood 12.  Made my way out there and got my ticket.  Was happily surprised to find I was still in Matinee times so it was only $5.  Watched the movie and there were a couple people in the theater.  I quite enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who likes new looks at the older fairy tales.

Then I headed home.  I began the work of blogging my experiences at Chicago.  With Amy's help I decided that putting it in two parts was the best idea.  So I started on part 1.  Then I called my family and had a long conversation just catching up.  I told them some stories from Chicago and let them know who I had met in Chicago that we both knew, Steve Vera.  Then I took some time to Facetime Amy and we chatted for a long time as well.  It was a pretty awesome rest day and just getting back to Rochester and keeping in that spiritual high that I am on right now.

Today I learned that just getting out of my apartment, even by myself, to do something fun really helps.  I can't stand being in my apartment for the whole day and getting out and about is very healthy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment