RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Thursday, July 10, 2014

One of the Staff

7/9/14

I started off the day with an all staff meeting.  However with Michael off this week it was just Lynora and me from the youth side of things.  It was cool to have something to say at the meeting and really start to sound like a staff member here.  I like being involved and having stuff to do.  This morning also brought it's first call directly to me.  I talked to Ginger about the missions part of VBS.  She had left her book up at their cabin and was wondering to get another one.  At this very moment still working on that particular problem.  However I did do the announcements for the bulletin this week.  Also I did some blogging to catch up and get everything current.  I think writing it down as I go and then posting it the next day works out really well for my schedule.

I came back from lunch with a bit of a writers block for my children's message.  I did nearly everything else I could think of to try and jog  my brain into thinking.  I practice my saxophone in the youth room.  April came down and said I should play for the Valentine's dinner.  Also she gave me a version of come thou font of every blessing I am excited to learn and play some more.  While I was done there Amy was texting me and I told her of my writer's block.  She then came back with an awesome idea of using an older and newer Bible to illustrate that the Word is not out of date no matter how old it is.  I liked that a lot and added my own twist and wrote up a pretty decent message.  I am going to practice tomorrow so I have a bit to do rather than grasping and what to do with my time like I sometimes do towards the end.

With Lynora's help we were able to find the cd that had what Ginger needed and I printed it off for her.  It has been a really great day at the office.  I've gotten a lot done and really took charge on some things.  It was a great opposite to the morning before.  Then later that night I headed to the softball game.  Wink and his family was there.  Wink was at Chicago and got to know him a little bit there.  Redeemer won the game but the other team played very well as well.  Julie helped to get the word out about the random act of kindness this Friday and hopefully we will have a large crew there.

No comments:

Post a Comment