RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, July 21, 2014

VBS Closing Worship

7/20/14

Well didn't get a good nights sleep.  I finally fell asleep around midnight but woke up at 1.  I couldn't really fall back asleep until 3 and then my alarm went off at 6.  So it was going to be a long day but I could go to bed earlier tonight.  I got into church and Michael and I took a look at the VBS closing service PowerPoint.  The main thing we had to do was darker the backgrounds and lighten some photos.  It was all little stuff and I was happy there was nothing major that I forgot or didn't do correctly with it.  Then it was off to first service.  There I did my children's message and it was well received by the kids and the congregation.  I heard Pastor Koglin's sermon this week for the first time.  I really enjoyed it.  Then we had second service and even though it is outside my comfort zone I am staying out of the sanctuary, sitting down that is, and talking to people until service starts or no one is really in the Narthex anymore.

I did my children's message the second time for the day.  I could hear that my voice was starting to waver a bit and prayed it would last until at least during the VBS service.  After service started getting people moving for the VBS stuff and making people aware of when they would be talking and what they were talking about.  The kids started to arrive and we had a very good portion of those who attended.  We heard the final number for how much we had raised during the week.  It was $649.  That is incredible!  The service went very well and many of the families and other adults were getting into the songs with the kids.  It was an amazing sight.  Pastor Koglin gave a sermon on keeping the momentum going with the kids and teaching each other the different things we can.

After that we had a potluck downstairs.  There was so much good food.  Then outside there were games being held.  Conner was in charge of that and as I came outside it looked like a lot of fun.  He had filled 100 water balloons thinking that was enough.  We filled probably 200+ after the first 100 went away in like half an hour.  Several kids threw them at me but they would bounce and explode on the ground.  Finally Tom threw one at me and got me wet.  Then after that it was mainly popping them over people's head or throwing them hard enough.  Most everyone that was outside got wet in some way.  We cleaned up at the end and I headed back to my apartment.  There I just relaxed and focused on getting better for the coming week.     

No comments:

Post a Comment