RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Good Direction

Woke up and showed up to church earlier today.  We had a staff meeting and we were meeting earlier to continue our discussion for the next  year that we had started before Chicago.  We made some really good progress and things are really starting to take shape.  I am very excited to see what will happen with our theme and ideas in the coming year.  I have some ideas for ways to use Facebook as well as the random acts of kindness to exemplify that theme and bring it outside worship.  Then after that I sat down and wrote down my children's message.  This will be my first one with Redeemer and I am excited and nervous at the same time, which is a good thing.  I am very excited about the idea I got and hope it brings some laughter but more importantly the Word to those listening.  

I was able to practice my message in the sanctuary.  It was nice to say it out loud and really work some different sentences out.  I changed a couple phrases, added some, and took others away.  I think it is a really good idea.  Now I just need to find some football jerseys around town.  I bet I can find what I need.  I was able to read another chapter in the book I am reading, Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer.  It is a very good book.  Sometimes I have to read a couple sections over again to get the meanings of words or simply to understand what he is saying.  However that really helps to me hear what he is saying and not just gloss over it like we do when we read sometimes.

I headed home a bit earlier because I was going to attend a concert Nikki had heard about with her parents.  She had heard about it through Nancy: the woman her group had helped at RSE the year prior.  There I met Mark Smeby, the artist, and talked to him a bit.  He had some very great music of his own and sang some classics as well, including Let it Go from Frozen.  During the mini concert, it was held in someone's house, he told us about people he had gotten to know who were in prison.  He had addresses and would love it if people would mail them.  Nikki suggested it would be a great activity for the random acts of kindness.  Finished off the nigh going to my apartment and doing a load of laundry so I had my Not A Fan shirt all clean and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment