RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Thursday, July 17, 2014

God is Protector

7/16/14

Started th day out with opening at VBS.  Today we learned that God is our Protector.  We saw in the skit that bad things still happen but God is always looking out for us.  Then my group headed to craft. We made a jar that we glued tissue paper to and would put Bible verses in later on.  After that we went up to music.  It is one area that my group struggles I to get through.  However they did good today and sang some new and old songs.  With that we went outside for game time.  Outside we played a game with our feet.  They had to take off their socks and shoes.  Then in two teams they had to race to buckets and pull stuff out of the water with their toes.

Being all tired from the game we went down for snack.  Today at snack we had stuff to make a lion.  It was really I cool and the kids had fun.  They also got cupcakes and transformer rings because it was someone's birthday.  After that we headed to Bible time with Paula.  There they got to act out the story again.  They acted out the story of Daniel in the lion's den.  Everyone was able to partipcate whether they were upfront or doing sounds for certain names in the skit.  Last we heeded over to Ginger for the mission time.  There they continued working on their crosses and learned about POBLO.  We came up to skit and were left in a cliff hanger.  Charlotte feinted and we will find out why tomorrow morning.

After VBS we surprised Chris by taking her out to lunch for her birthday.  We went to Applebee's and had a great time of fellowship.  Then it was back to the office to get some work done after having a full morning with VBS.  I caught up on my blog and did some other work before an afternoon filled with meetings and picnics.  The first meeting was with family ministry.  There I saw the family booklet they are putting together for the different beginning parts such as 10 Commandments and the Apostle's Creed.  I'll be helping out there with the Lord's Prayer.  I'll be putting some material together for families to go over with their children about the Lord's Prayer.

After that we had the meeting with the adult education board.  There our main goal was to get the classes set up for this next school year.  It was a lot of fun and exciting to get those things set up.  I am very excited about several studies we will be offering.  I will get the chance to teach two areas.  One is adult catechism and the other is a class on Islam.  I am very excited to teach and learn along with anyone who attends my class.  We got out pretty late from that meeting and I headed home.  Did some reading and had Jimmy Johns for supper.      

No comments:

Post a Comment