RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

On the Phone

7/7/14

Another day in the office.  Took a good chunk of the morning to get caught up on my blogs.  For some reason the internet from the hotel was acting up last night.  I probably shouldn't complain since I am getting free Wi-Fi.  I am going to be looking at my own internet pretty soon.  Probably with my next pay check.  Have to get Adam to come down and set it up for me to promote his business.  I was able to make a pretty cool VBS document that hopefully can be used for a quick reference this next week for those who need it.  After that I did some upkeep on my journal and took off for lunch.  I made myself a salad, which I am growing quite attached to making, and headed back to church.

In the afternoon my biggest job was to call families of children old enough for VBS who had not registered.  For those of you who know me this is very much outside my comfort zone.  However I made it through, leaving mainly voice mails, and did a pretty good job.  It was nice to start to get some names down.  I may not have seen the faces but I can start to get those names inside my head and that is a good start.  I also started an official document keeping track of my different ministry contacts.  Thinking back to the first weeks was hard considering I am only barely over a month here.  After that I took some time to practice my saxophone.  I think there might be some leaky pads but it could just be the reed.  Tried several but still can't exactly tell.  Might take it sometime when Conner is working.  Chris was playing name that tune while I was playing downstairs.

After that I headed home.  I made myself a salad and then did a bit of gaming on Sims 3.  Sims Amy and Brian are doing well.  Luckily you make crazy amounts of money in Sims which if that were true in real life it would be awesome.  I mainly just hung out the rest of the day.  Amy and I said our prayer that night and I called it a early night around 10ish.  I am turning into an old man and going to bed and early hours even though I could stay up a bit longer and still get enough sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment