RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Busy busy busy

7/22/14

Started off the with posting my blog from the day before and filling out my journal for yesterday.  I spent the majority of the morning on little projects here and there.  I was able to get a chapter read in each of the books I am in.  Make Him Known is going well and I am really enjoying what it has to say.  Also The Pursuit of God is getting better and better as I get further into it.  Today was about God's voice and how He is a speaking God.  I loved it and found it really enlightening.  We tend to think God only speaks through His Word but Tozer argues that God speaks through anything He wants to.  I believe this is true and that sometimes God speaks to us in the most unusual ways imaginable.

I did some talking with Lori and April about the upcoming trip to Lake George.  Lori and I talked about Bible studies and devotions and what that would look like.  I was very glad she brought this to my attention because I had completely forgot about that aspect of the trip.  I then also talked with April about ways we could get music for worship up there if Connor or someone musically talented was not with us.  Lori had asked if April would be able to make a CD or something for us.  April had an awesome recording device that I might be able to put the recordings on my iPad which would be awesome and very convenient for using up there.  After that I basically just read and did small things until lunch time.

Before I came back from lunch I made a stop to Hyvee.  There I got some cough medicine, cough drops, and cepacol.  I am not going to have another coughing fit like last night.  I want to get better as soon as possible and hopefully all this will help for my throat to heal and get back to being able to speak with a normal voice.  I came back after lunch and Michael and I did our devotion and had a very long conversation about Lake George but also random topics we would get on from conversation.  Then after that I set about getting a sigh up sheet done and reading over my peer ministry topics for this weekend.  I am very excited about what I am talking about.  I am speaking on listening which for me is a passion.  In our culture today we like to talk a lot but not listen very often.  I worked on a few more Lake George items and headed home for the evening.

At home just still trying to get better.  Coughing has been annoying but getting better day by day.  Can't wait till I have the night again when I am cough free.  Will be the most amazing thing so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment