RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

God is Creator

7/14/14

First day of VBS!  It was an awesome morning.  I got connected with all my helpers for the 1st and 2nd graders.  I have a great group and the kids are lucky to have them as helpers.  I talked with Michael and Pastor Jim about how we were doing openings.  I was going to be running the large group game that morning which Pastor Jim quickly explained.  It was going to be a lot of fun.  During my introduction Pastor Jim said I had a lot of experience as a guide.  I had three separate 40 year experiences guiding people apparently.  So even though I looked young I had 120 years of guiding experience.  The kids loved the game and got really excited about it.

Next we saw the skit and it was great.  We learned that God is our creator and that he has created us all for a reason and we are very special to Him.  It was a great day 1 lesson and they explored it in every station.  Our first station was craft.  There we made drums out of coffee tins that the kids could use at music.  After that we moved to music and they brought their drums with.  We sang several songs with April including We are Marching in the Light of God and the call and response song Hallelujah/Praise Ye the Lord.  We headed out to game after music to play swamp racing.  The kids put on Kleenex boxes on their feet and had to run down, around a cone, and back again.  They were laughing and smiling the whole time.  Then we went downstairs to Parakeet's Picnic Perch for a snack.  We even got to play with our food to make a picture on our plate.  After we headed to Bible Time with Paula.  There we learned the creation story and helped work on group murals.  Lastly we visited Slug a Bug S.W.A.M.P. with Ginger and learned about the mission we would be doing this week.  We came back upstairs for a closing time and the kids headed home with the knowledge that God is our creator.

I came back to the office for some office hours after lunch.  I got caught up on my blogs and just assembly lined them out.  It is nice to get those out and not have them on my plate anymore.  After that Michael and I had a chance to catch up.  It was a good time of discussion and questions.  I didn't realize how much I had missed that during the week he was on vacation.  There are a few things, few mind you, that I feel comfortable doing on my own.  However still many things, being new, I like to be able to ask questions and make sure I am doing things the best I can.  The rest of the day just hung out at home and got some rest and time away to recharge my batteries for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment