RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, July 21, 2014

God is Provider

7/15/14

Came in to VBS for day two.  I got there early and watched the skits getting rehearsed and got my activity ready for the opening time.  Then we started and Michael gave me the idea to introduce Pastor Jim as he had introduced everyone else that had come up to do stuff.  I went with the cliche of talking about him doing Toucan Jams ever since the 1st centrury.  It got a good laugh.  They enjoyed the activity of guessing the animals that the helpers were imitating.  Then at the end I had them guess that it was Pastor Jim as the weird silhouette on the screen.  Then we headed off to our first station.  Today in crafts we made stamps of today's symbol, a bird, to bake into necklaces for tomorrow.  Then we headed up to music with April.  We practice some new songs and sang some of the songs from yesterday which the kids really got into.

After that we had outside time.  We played clothespin tag.  Meredith in our group won by going after everyone's clothespin systematically.  For the second game the helpers got her out first.  We went downstairs then to snack and had a bird food buffet.  We had popcorn, chocolate chips, raisins, crasins, cheerios, and banana chips.  Then we went into Bible time and the kids got to act out the story.  They acted out the story of Elijah being provided for by the birds and helping the widow and her son.  The kids had a lot of fun dressing up and saying the lines after Paula.  Lastly we went to Ginger and counted seeds.  We had a competition to see how many seeds they could pull out of their bowl of sand.  We sang some songs and got started on a cross that they are supposed to give away to someone at the end of the week.  

After I had taken Cassidy and Dylan home I came home for lunch.  I was going to have Arby's.  However I had forgotten by wallet and so instead I had leftover pizza.  Then back to the office where I got down to work.  I got the announcements and the take it home all ready for next weeks bulletin.  Then did some blogs and just miscellaneous work that needed to be done.  I did some practicing and started to write some music that I had started while in high school.  I came home and did some gaming and reading as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment