RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, July 7, 2014

All the Family!

7/5/14

Well woke up a bit later which was nice.  Amy headed over from April's and Adam and Kristi came up from their vehicle.  Kristi promptly told us that Adam was a Prius hog.  We then took a walk down to Dunkin Donuts.  Since it was the first one to open in Minnesota we had to visit it.  We passed my favorite mall with the intention of coming back.  We all got some breakfast there and half a dozen donuts to which we asked them to surprise us.  We got a nice variety and each had one except Kristi who needed something no filled with sugar.  Then we headed to the mall and stopped by Games by James.  There I got a Warhammer set, some playing cards, and some magic cards.  Hopefully I will get some adhesive and paint and get my first miniatures all ready to go.  After that we visited the coolest Barnes and Noble in the world, to which they all agreed.  We took a funny wedding picture but found out we aren't supposed to take pictures with the merchandise, to which Kristi accidentally posted it to Facebook.

After that we headed back to my apartment and I showed the little of I know of Rochester to them on our walk back.  Then we took a trip to Hobby Lobby so that Kristi could find some tye dye kits.  Amy found a lot of future stuff we could use for the wedding.  Then we headed back yet again.  At my apartment we then started a game of Firefly.  I am very glad they enjoy the game because it is a lot of fun.  My next goal is to get them to play the role playing game because that sounds like a lot of fun.  While we were playing my family was on their way from Hudson with extended family from Tennessee.  They all got there around 1:30.  I did some introductions and showed them all the apartment.  It was good to see everyone.  Then we convinced them to go to lunch at Twigs and try out the cooking rock.  Most of them had it and everyone who did loved it.  My family came down: Mom, Dad, and Danny.  Also my extended family: Toni and Mark, their two kids Sarah and Beth, and my aunt Kim.  After that Amy and Kristi and Adam headed out.

The family took a walk down to Soldier's Field while I got ready for service.  I meet them down there and we talked, looked at the memorial, and took some pictures.  Than we headed off to Redeemer.  I gave all those who had not been there before a nice tour of the place and then I had to get with the Chicago group to practice our songs.  Service started and it went very well.  The children's message was starting to click more with a couple things I would do differently but it was mainly wording and such.  My family loved the message and thought it was very clever.  I said goodbye to them as Kim wanted to get home pretty quickly once they got back.  I went back to my apartment and it was quiet there.  It was kind of weird for no one to be around.  It had been an awesome day.    

1 comment: