RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Double Header

7/23/14

Started off the morning with a staff meeting.  I keep feeling more and more at home with the staff.  As I get more on my plate I get to talk about more and know what others are talking about as well.  I am so blessed to be a part of the staff here at Redeemer and could go on for pages about how awesome it is here.  However in the interest of you reading I will move on.  :P  I spent the rest of the morning doing some smaller things here and there and checking off stuff on my to-do list.  This might be the way to go for me.  Having it physically in front of me and adding to whenever something comes up seems to be working so far.  A true test will be when I am very busy and making sure things are done in a timely manner as well.  So far no problems so one of my biggest fears about internship is slowly growing into a controlled habit.

After lunch Michael and I did our devotion.  We are going to save the last three for the last three days of the retreat for peer ministry.  We are hoping to invite the kids and see what they do with the material.  The rest of the afternoon I worked mainly on my lessons for the peer ministry retreat.  I am mainly teaching straight from the information but having it written down in my own words and a format for me helps me understand it better.  Also reading it over again I can look at headings and know what I want to focus on in that particular area.  I am very excited to see what the youth will do with the stuff I will doing in my lessons.  There are a couple places to really open up and share some deep issues.  I hope they step up and really get into this training.

After that I went home before the double header for softball.  I got there to find a very large crowd there already.  As I was watching I finally asked the question about two strikes and three balls.  Michael said it was to speed the games up so they didn't last so long for the sake of the kids.  That made a lot of sense and we all agreed that professional baseball could benefit from that rule.  Redeemer won both their games that night although the second game was a close one.  It was fun to cheer for them and able to cheer some names of people as they went up to bat.

Today I learned that just being present at something can be the best ministry sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment